DAKSH is a Bengaluru based civil society organisation that is working on judicial reforms. DAKSH works at the intersection of data science, public policy and operations research. Our primary focus is the study of the problem of pendency of cases in the Indian legal system, with the aim of suggesting sustainable solutions based on quantitative research and empirical legal methods. We are actively involved in creating sustainable solutions to improve judicial efficiency, process, administration and management.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Senior Research Fellow
- Research on the justice system
- Collation, cleaning and analysis of data
- Project management including managing external stakeholders and proactively tracking tasks and project deliverables
- Preparation of reports for donors, partners and general public
Education and skills
- Postgraduate degree in law/policy/economics/political science (desirable)
- At least 3 years of demonstrable work experience
- Good research and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
- Deep passion to make an impact in the field of judicial reforms
- Hindi, Marathi or Kannada skills – mainly verbal – writing skill would be an advantage
Last date for applications: 24 January 2020
In case you are interested, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Location: Bengaluru, India
We invite students or recent graduates of law, public policy, management, economics, statistics, data science, or allied disciplines that are interested to apply for an internship. As an intern you will contribute to our current projects. Internships are full-time for a minimum period of one month.
Placements less than a month are rare.
- Applications with the subject line ‘Internship Application’ should include:
- Curriculum vitae or resume containing educational qualifications and work experience.
- Your reasons for undertaking an internship at DAKSH—your skills, how you would
- The dates you are available to undertake the internship.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Applications are accepted all year around.
To apply, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org